The election which Trump won was presaged with division of the...

1. 5,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31

The election which Trump won was presaged with division of the US public by Russia via social media.

At first I thought it was the Russians experimenting, but in retrospect it seemed more strategic than that. The current Russian push into the Ukraine is probably part of a bigger plan which started with the invasion into Georgia in 2008.

Polarisation in social media, and online media in general, (including all the "bubbles" that media consumers build around themselves with filters), seems like an unavoidable artefact in the use of those media. Internal divisions (and confusion) are strategically inhibiting.

That's why military structures aren't democracies, and that's why autocrats can achieve so much (damage) so quickly.

The internal divisions created by identity politics have hamstrung the left side of politics around the world, ironically, mainly to the detriment of those same subgroups they are (honestly) trying to help.

Internal polarisations are also fracturing the right side of politics around the world, though the right side seems to be more willing to accept hierarchies more readily, thereby ameliorating some of the impact.

In this day and age, generally, if your "criticism" is connotative (emotional or implied and involves ridicule, anger etc) , rather than denotive ( facts, logical, demonstrably falsifiable), you are probably being used as somebody's bitch and are too ignorant to know it.

So while I encourage everybody to question the actions and motives of those we have elected, I also encourage everybody to be analytical of the consequences of their actions while stoking divisions within their community.

The Russians stoked this to extremes in the previous US election, it is likely that they will be actors in social media in the upcoming Australian elections also.

There are CCP and Russian shills active in these groups, even if you agree with some of what they say, I suggest you place them on ignore

Just my 2.2c worth

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.