Russia Ukraine war, page-166

1. Osi
    16,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Maybe you are correct up to a point however the US hasn't wanted the ME Sheriff role for a long time.

The ME is too complex to be played like a chess board piece IMO. That said there are idiots and egos on all sides so anything could be tried, if only for face saving purposes.

I agree with those who say 100,000 troops maybe insufficient to invade Ukraine however they could move the current lines of control forward from the Russian side.

Another possibility is Spetnaz adopting asymmetric warfare strategies behind the Ukraine Army's lines with a view to trigger a response from Ukraine. The Russian Army would then claim justification in pushing the Ukraine lines of control back and declaring sovereignty over some additional territory.

Biden would then freeze Russia out of global finance networks although China could play the role of Russia's finance broker.

Then there is the issue of gas and a pipeline to nowhere ATM from the Gulf states. I don't see that being resolved easily.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.