things that make you go hmmmmmm :)Between February 24, 2022,...

1. 4,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 726
    things that make you go hmmmmmm

Between February 24, 2022, when Moscow's troops crossed over into Ukraine, and August 17, 2023, 21.7 percent—or one in five—of Russia's verified manned aircraft losses, which includes jets, helicopters and transport aircraft, were blamed on Russian system malfunctions, pilot errors, friendly fire or other accidents not related to direct combat against Ukraine.

Revealed: One in Five of Russian Air Force Losses During War Self-Inflicted (msn.com)

We know our defense forces have losses in training RIP my mates!

We know shortages and haste make waste.

The above might be factual or estimates. Anyone thinking Russia is not having signifincat self inflicted losses might not consider the Helicopter crash in Pakistan when the USA found osama bin laden (RIH Rot in Hell) LINK or the 1979 iran hostage crisis where 3 of the 8 Helicopters failed "During the operation, three of eight helicopters failed, crippling the crucial airborne plans. The mission was then canceled at the staging area in Iran, but during the withdrawal one of the retreating helicopters collided with one of six C-130 transport planes, killing eight service members and injuring five. The next day, a somber Jimmy Carter gave a press conference in which he took full responsibility for the tragedy. The hostages were not released for another 270 days."

The loss rate in the Russian article seems low to me. Rasputin and corruption importantly moral in unmotivated Russian forces would magnify the issue for Russia. It could be easy to hate or demonize Russia and its military. I think myself and others serving are a projection of the political system. The evil is the direction to invade and kill in my view. The accountability is Putin's regime which is hurting Russians as well.

RIP Russian Sailors, Soldiers and Airforce I feel for you poor sods as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.