Russia Ukraine war, page-181416

1. 18,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    @angor532 you are obviously a Russian immigrant or the child of such - I am sorry, if this disturbs you - I have nothing against the Russian people, love their music, but know what war feels like, have run from bombs - was bombed out, lucky to escape because my mother always insisted on running to a different shelter - I am an old lady, have been there, done many things, worked for politicians here.

Putin's action has disappointed so many people in Europe - They had hoped that friendship with Russia was possible - some German ex-ministers even had posts with the Russian oil company etc. - yes Europe is also not enamoured with the Americans, who often went ahead with their own agenda, only asking NATO after the event 'for permission' who had no option but to say 'yes' - the bombing of Belgrade was such an event.
    Europeans were shocked, but tired after a century of wars, they cared to believe the 'good news' rather than the bad news, so they collected money and clothes and accepted refugees.

I have lost a friend today over this, even though he did not even listen to me, just tried to ram down the good news that Putin was winning.
    Have known him for 25 years - I was crying after I stopped the conversation. Cannot see my way back.
    He has part Serb in his bloodline - and of course, Serbia as always is hoping for a great Slav Kingdom and a pat on the back by Putin, so they're batting both ways. Perfidy and treason are nothing new.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.