Russia Ukraine war, page-199843

1. 38,085 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501

'Stop fooling around', Russian defence minister tells military manufacturers

As we reported yesterday, Russia's defence minister Sergei Shoigu has emphasised the need to increase production as he hailed progress on air defence missiles – see 17.20.

But today, it's emerged he also told military manufacturers to "stop fooling around" and ramp up the production of self-propelled artillery systems.

In video published by news site RBC today from his tour of factories yesterday, he slammed the management of one plant for not producing enough self-propelled artillery.

"Listen, stop fooling around here, guys," he's heard telling bosses.

"We got busy with this in 2022. We should have had these machines operating at full capacity in 2023."

The director said the factory has already increased production six-fold since the invasion began, but Mr Shoigu demanded a "specific proposal" within a week on "how we'll reach indicators set by the president".

Russia has put its economy on a war footing and shifted defence plants to round-the clock production.

Deputy defence minister Alexei Krivoruchko said earlier this month the industry will supply "several times" more equipment in 2024 than in both previous years, according to Interfax news.

"You fools .....you need to produce these things faster than I destroy them !
    It's your fault we are losing this war !
    And just btw I need 300 of your staff for the army ......you pick them.... or I will !!"

S.S.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.