Russia Ukraine war, page-200244

1. 7,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Yes, I realise that cossacks are not exclusively Ukrainian. They have, however, become a symbol for Ukrainian patriotism and (if google images is an indicator) seem to be a popular choice for patriotic tattoos.
    Since the beginning of the war in Donbass and Luhansk,the Ukranian government has been striving to gather her people under one strong nation and has been looking, as many other governments have before, for a symbol. A hero, an image, and eventually a purpose. This magical something that consistently makes people believe that they are connected one another. This magical something that makes people willingly give their lives in its name. The Zaporozhian Cossacks have been chosen to fulfill this mission again—to represent the romantic image of the Ukranian nation seeking freedom and independence. (https://anisiaaffek.com/Writing)
    Do a google image search for 'cossack tattoo' and tell me the majority aren't Ukrainian. [I also tried searching 'Russian cossack tattoos' and it kept giving me Ukrainian...]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.