It is telling that you think the page I posted is 'irrelevant...

1. 7,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    It is telling that you think the page I posted is 'irrelevant context'. It helps if you listen to Putin's actual words rather than your pro-Kyiv twitter sources trying to gaslight. Putin is absolutely talking about the content in the excerpt from '1939'. Check again the page, then check the actual transcript of the interview. If you are unable to see that it is exactly what Putin is referring to, you're just solidifying your status as someone unreasonable and blinkered. @tangs
    [and yes, I disagree with 'Hitler had nothing to do but start implementing his plans with Poland']

TRANSCRIPT from approx. 13:00 - 16:00
    After World War I this territory was transferred to Poland and instead of Danzig, a city of 'Gdansk' emerged. Hitler asked them to give it amicably but they refused. Still they collaborated with Hitler and engaged together in the partitioning of Czechoslovakia.
    [...]
    So, before World War II, Poland collaborated with Hitler and, although it did not yield to Hitler's demands, it still participated in the partitioning of Czechoslovakia together with Hitler. As the Poles had not given the Danzig corridor to Germany, [it] went too far pushing Hitler to start World War II by attacking [Poland]. Why was it Poland against whom the war started on 1st September 1939? Poland turned out to be uncompromising and Hitler had nothing to do but start implementing his plans with Poland.
    [...]
    What matters is that the War Began and Poland felt prey to the policies it had pursued against Czechoslovakia as under the well-known Molotov/Rippentrop pact.

Last edited by Okceg: 11/02/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.