Russia Ukraine war, page-206840

1. 41,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508

Defence is not escalation': Estonian PM urges West to stand up to Russian intimidation

Western leaders "shouldn't be afraid" to stand up to Russia, Estonia's prime minister has told Sky News.

Kaja Kallas, whose country borders northwestern Russia, said everything should be considered when it comes to how the West supports Ukraine's war effort.

She said: "Russia is saying this or that step is escalation, but defence is not escalation. I'm saying we should have all options on the table. What more can we do to help Ukraine win?"

The Estonian leader's comments to The World with Yalda Hakim come after French President Emmanuel Macron was heavily criticised for suggesting Western troops could be sent to Ukraine to help repel the threat of Russia.

The UK, the US and Germany were all quick to say their militaries would not join Ukrainian troops on the ground.

Asked if she was worried, in light of the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny that her words might make her a target, she said: "Russia wants to intimidate us. This is how they operate.

"They want to make me or Estonia afraid and to make us refrain from the decisions that we would otherwise make to be advocates for supporting Ukraine, the Western unity, everything that really annoys them a great deal.

"But I think the response to it is that we shouldn't be afraid, and we shouldn't refrain from the decisions that we would otherwise make, because this is how terrorists operate. They want us to be afraid. And the only response is that we are not afraid. We act on what is right."
    https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-news-putin-zelenskyy-latest-live-updates-12541713

.....and not only russia but their minions here ......that keep dangling the threat of ww3 and that keep trying to blame the west for russia attacking Ukraine !!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.