I see it differently. Although the USA is not directly involved...

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I see it differently. Although the USA is not directly involved in the fighting and is sacrificing its proxy, Ukraine, to do all the suffering (yes very typical of the USA) US foreign policy during the Biden administration has been an absolute disaster for the USA both economically and geopolitically. Many have said and I tend to agree that the USA is stuck in the Thucydides trap. It sees itself losing its top-dog status and so is desperately doing whatever it can to hold on to it, picking fights with those it sees as the main rivals to its hegemony, China and Russia. But its getting increasingly more irrational and compulsive in its desperation. So much so that its provoking a war with China, Russia and Iran simultaneously. Just madness! On top of that its policy of sanctioning everyone and stealing country's sovereign assets is accelerating de-dollarisation and driving most of the developing world away from the USA and into the BRICS camp. If we survive the World War that the USA is provoking I believe history will show that the Biden Administration has been the very worst Presidency that that country has ever known for the interests of America and its allies. Australia can't blindly follow the USA into this disaster. We need to use whatever influence we can to tell them to back off and take advantage of the economic prosperity we can all enjoy in a peaceful, more co-operative multi-polar world

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.