I totally reject the argument that Putin's/Russia's invasion of...

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I totally reject the argument that Putin's/Russia's invasion of Ukraine was a monstrous act of aggression or that the invasion was an over-the-top response to any Ukrainian or NATO provocations. If you believe that strike out the self-defense rules from the criminal law and condemn JFK for ordering various acts of war (including a naval blockade) during the Cuban missile crisis because, as he said, if Russia and Cuba didn't remove the nuclear weapons threatening America he would invade Cuba to remove them himself. Why? Because as Leader, he was doing his duty to the people of the USA. He was defending his people from an existential threat, as he was duty-bound to do. There is no way in the world that once Ukraine was admitted into NATO the USA and NATO would have resisted moving into Ukraine nuclear and biological weapons to use against Russia and Russians. You dont believe me? Ask the neocon supporters in this forum if they would accept Russia's/China's assurance not to put nuclear weapons threatening the USA in Mexico/Cuba/Jamaica/Haiti etc if Russia/China assembled an army in those countries as part of a "defensive" military alliance they had with those countries. They'll tell you NO WAY would they accept that assurance. Ask Scott Morrison who lost his sh*t when there was a suggestion that China might set up a base in the Solomons. An existential threat the Aust Govt said at the time and was backed up by that shameless hypocrite Blinken.

No this is real politics. Putin/Russia delayed for over 20 years (since 2008) trying everything to avoid going to war (including the Minsk agreement) but there comes a point when in real politics you need to make the hard decision for the protection of your people. Russia's/Putin's conduct in this matter was exemplary and the monsters you speak of are the monsters of the USA/NATO/EU/UK who deliberately provoked this war knowing that they would never accept for themselves the conditions that they were trying to force on Russia.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.