Russia Ukraine war, page-223684

1. 14,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    I'll focus on the conflict. I think for the most part both sides have targetted military objectives but make no mistake war crimes have happened on both sides and justice should be served.

Ukraine is being steadily destroyed and this is encouraged by NATO coalition of the willing (US and vassals) "best dollar ever spent" to damage Russian military without risking US lives and escalation is being managed so far but whats the NATO end game? Ukraine made whole to 2013 borders and Ukraine in NATO, but is that a realistic goal? I think that is a real (not fake) red line for Russia. Is NATO looking to enter at some point?

I think for Russia the end game is to have a neutral militarily neutered and demilitarised Ukraine (like Japan post ww2) not aligned with NATO and not hosting NATO nuclear weapons. The longer the war goes there will be some minor territorial changes however if there is no negotiation or opportunity for Russia to achieve that goal they may at some point mobilize and send significant forces to change the political regime in Kiev. That will take at least 3 million troops IMO and Ukraine will be completely destroyed in the process, I dont think Russia want that so they will run with attritional warfare for some years first. I think the off ramps for Ukraine are being bypassed for NATO domestic political interests and Ukraine Nationalists pride and the next off ramp will look worse than the previous for most Ukrainians. NATO were hoping for Russia to crumble under the pressure, doesn't look like thats going to happen. Nuland poked the bear and it woke up and fought back rather than whimper in the corner.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.