Russia Ukraine war, page-223698

1. 40,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    nah .....Ukraine wouldn't have to reliquish the right to anything....and they would not unless there a serious quid pro quo was agreed - ie. Crimea yes .....Donbas etc No !
    Don't expect russia would agree to the latter .....so the best putin could hope for is a ceasefire

I think Ukraine (could) still win this war ......with the proviso the west continues to support , and it looks really good for that presently.......BUT ......

the reason I'm drifting towards a ceasefire .....no agreement ,merely a ceasefire at present boundaries of control* ..... is because of putin getting more and more desperate and increasing risk of him doing of what no sane man would do - USE NUKES !

* this what we have seen in Korea .......needs enforcement .....not just a signature on a page .....serious enforcement so that russia doesn't come back when they have rebuilt reserves ......Korean ceasefire was kept because western forces south of the border ENSURED it was kept ....it wasn't left to Kim good faith
    NO WEAKENING OF SANCTIONS .....NO OTHER CONCESSIONS .....just the fighting to stop
    if trump loses in November putin will be seriously considering all options ....I don't believe anything is possible prior to that

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.