I suppose if you dont want to understand what happened in the...

1. 22,383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    I suppose if you dont want to understand what happened in the first 3 months of
    the war, then that's your prerogative .

Certainly Russia wanted a regime change in Kiev and that was discussed
    easy in the war at a meeting brokered by the former Israeli PM until bummbling
    Boris arrived on the scene and put a spanner in the works. (some say a US spanner)
    By the way Putin agreed at that meeting not to have Zel assassinated .

What is more likely than not, Russia was been advised on the regime change
    by the Ukraine's ex PM who had to flee to Russia early 2024 and what is more probable than
    not that Yanukovych would have been the Russian Kiev regime changer to restore the
    ukraine to a peaceful/pro-Russian 2013.

That of course didn't happen . The peace talks were a sizzler, Russian forward troops
    outside Kiev encountered formidable resistance (thanks to NATO-USA) outside Kiev
    and from there on in it was all out war of which we see today.

If the peace negotiations succeeded then , the big question is would the Ukraine
    be better off today? Its more likely than not that if the peace negations then had been successful
    that less Ukrainian lives would have been lost, less property damage and less Ukrainian
    Refugees . Would that have offset the Ukraine's intent of self determination . Perhaps
    to an idealist, no but perhaps to a pragmatist yes?

My position is that I simply dont know because IMO war is the problem and not the solution
    That position is much more relevant today than it was say before the war due to Nuke
    sabre rattling by both sides in the interim. (Russia has moved Tactical Nukes to Belarus
    close to Kiev and last week NATO (USA) have ordered extra Nukes out of mothballs)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.