Battles for Toretsk (as of the evening of 06/23/24): it's...

1. 7,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Battles for Toretsk (as of the evening of 06/23/24): it's looking more and more like Avdeevka...
    • The enemy still cannot localize [contain?] our breakthrough into the “Toretsk agglomeration.” Over the past 24 hours, our units were not only able to enter the village of Severnoe (with a mine that has the same name) and Druzhba, along the “bulge” in the area of the railway line, but also to take control of Zelenaya and Mira streets and partially Kievskaya. That is, the first three perpendicular streets.
    • The enemy is using remote mining to try to hold back our advance, but they not yet able to stop our advance.
    • We have also launched attacks on the village of Yuzhnoye (also with a mine that has the same name), thereby leveling the offensive front. But the main goal here is to take control of the terricon of the local mine (as was already the case in the area of Shumy, where we occupied both terricons). This will allow us to finally consolidate our success and enter the residential area from two directions at once, which will definitely make it more difficult for the enemy to parry the blow.
    • In fact, with each passing day, our operation in the Toretsk area is becoming more and more reminiscent of the battle for Avdeevka, where the enemy was so sure that we would stubbornly strike at their flanks in the hope of encircling the city, that they redeployed their best units and reserves there... thereby missing a direct attack on the front, which quickly brought down their entire defenses in this direction (the consequences of which they still cannot localize).
    [via Itapirk...]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.