My “narrative” is that Putin massively hindered Ukrainian sea...

1. 2,636 Posts.

My “narrative” is that Putin massively hindered Ukrainian sea exports while he had a Black Sea fleet to initiate a naval blockade and now Putin has hardly any Black Sea fleet left with none of those left in the Black Sea and Ukraine is exporting record amounts by sea.

Sure bro, those facts are just my “narrative”.

What ships were Russia going to sink when hardly any were transiting the Black Sea to and from Ukrainian ports and those that were, were hugging Nato coastlines, while Putin had, had being the operative word, his blockade in effect?

Putin unilaterally pulled out of the grain deal on July 19 2023, that deal already allowed him to inspect shipments for weapons.

Putin pulled out of the grain deal (another deal Putin never honoured) and initiated a blockade with the aim to cripple Ukraines much needed exports. The propaganda excuse about weapons shipments is, like your obsession with no grain ships sunk, immaterial.

Speaking of your strange obsession with the number of grain ships sunk by Putin, it is completely and utterly immaterial to the defeat of Putins Black Sea fleet and the contribution of that to the resumption of Ukrainian exports via sea.

If Putin had sunk grain ships, you name the number since it’s your obsession, would that have stopped Ukraine sinking or destroying 30% of the important part of Putin’s Black Sea fleet and then shipments still traversing the Black Sea unopposed like they are now?

The answer is no.

I know you get upset with any negative news for Putin but in this case getting upset isn’t going to bring back all those destroyed or sunk Russian Black Sea fleet ships and it wont change the ability of Ukraine to export via sea again because Putin has no ability to project any power in the Black Sea.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.