Russia Ukraine war, page-228222

1. 3,900 Posts.
    I wonder what happened in 2022 that suddenly surged Finnish support for joining Nato, just the view of many locals.

I wonder why there was also a small spike in 2014. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Putin's limited invasion of Ukraine then now would it...

Your point was there was "little to no internal debate", how does the views of a single Finnish local represent "little to no internal debate"? What, according to you, would be sufficient "internal debate"?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6297/6297138-0f65153e8f45ae04e1ce57ad00febba1.jpg
    Finland: opinion development on joining NATO 2022 | Statista

"On the move of troops, my guess would be that a logical immediate priority for Putin was to focus on a hot war in Ukraine over a longer term adjustment to the Finnish situation. A logical response to the here and now."

Your original post outlines Nato as a threat, specifically a threat to invade Russia. You don't see the contradiction of claiming Nato is a "threat" and then removing 80% of your forces meant to protect against this fantastical threat AFTER Finland joins the very organisation that is meant to be a threat?

""Providing lethal aid to Ukraine would exploit Russia’s greatest point of external vulnerability"

If Putin doesn't like Ukraine getting lethal aid to use on Russian troops in Ukraine, he can leave.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.