Russia Ukraine war, page-228276

1. 39,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508

Parents hold children after strike on major hospital

Rescuers are still searching for people under a partially collapsed wing of Okhmatdyt children's hospital in Kyiv - a key hospital treating young cancer patients.

Windows were smashed and panels ripped off as Russian missiles targeted the city earlier today. Some parents were crying as they left the hospital holding their children.

"We heard an explosion, then we were showered with debris," said Svitlaka Kravchenko.

Her two-month-old baby was unharmed, but she had suffered cuts, and her car was buried under the rubble of the destroyed building.

"It was scary. I couldn't breathe, I was trying to cover [my baby]. I was trying to cover him with this cloth so that he could breathe," she said.

Number killed in Kyiv rises - and victims reported in another Ukrainian city

The number of people killed in Kyiv this morning has risen to nine, the Ukrainian prosecutor general's office has said.

Some 33 more people are injured, it said.

We've also heard in the last few moments from Serhii Lysak, governor of Ukraine's Dnipro region, who says one person has died and six people are injured in Dnipro city after it was struck in Russia's major attack.

One of the injured people is in a "serious condition" he said.

Mr Lysak said earlier that at least 10 people had been killed in the city of Kryvyi Rih, with scores more wounded.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.