It's no surprise you'd throw up the issue of the relatively...

1. 10,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 566
    It's no surprise you'd throw up the issue of the relatively brief and targeted 78 day Kosovo intervention as I think Putin has but it hardly compares to Russia's invasion, occupation and ongoing War on Ukraine now well into its 3rd year and Russia's comprehensive violation of the Russia/NATO Founding Act as far as I can see.

NATO and others justification for the Kosovo intervention on humanitarian grounds and concerns over regional stability is well known and only occurred after various extensive efforts at diplomatically resolving the issues failed and was initiated with the following objectives based on what had been happening there over the preceding year and before...
    -to bring about: a verifiable stop to all military action, violence and repression;
    -the withdrawal from Kosovo of military personnel, police and paramilitary forces;
    -the stationing in Kosovo of an international military presence;
    -the unconditional and safe return of all refugees and displaced persons and unhindered access to them by humanitarian aid organizations;
    -the establishment of a political agreement for Kosovo in conformity with international law and the Charter of the United Nations.

Seem pretty reasonable objectives to me as a layman in the circumstances. There was apparently some pretty nasty "ethnic" based stuff occurring prior to the intervention I understand.....or do you dispute that ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.