Russia Ukraine war, page-230536

1. 39,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    don't be ridiculous ....you've made nasty little remarks about me , don't pretend otherwise .

realistic depends on certain factors ....perhaps headed by who wins the US elections .
    either side could be in very difficult positions if their chosen candidate doesn't get up

I've always said a case could be made for russia getting Crimea - the only Oblast that (maybe) was russia supporting ..... the rest Nyet !
    I've also said the most likely outcome is a ceasefire* as opposed to any permanenet agreement being reached because sides are too far apart .

Further again , I'm on record as saying no agreement - even for a ceasefire - with russia is worth having if isn't rigorously enforced with .....shall we call them peacekeeping troops**....... because otherwise putin WILL definitely come again after he has rebuilt stockpiles .

If one side or the other gained a decisive advantage or basically just exhausted themselves other possibilities become open .

*similar to Korean war Panmanjong agreement
    ** again , as similar to Korea - substantial troops , backed by willingness to support with more if ever russia attacked - a hard line in the sand
    effectively becomes a defacto russia-NATO border then

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.