Russia Ukraine war, page-234622

1. 4,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Protagonists on all sides of the war all over the world use propaganda to blur the truth. It's nothing new. What's new is it's becoming more widespread than ever before throughout the West and nowhere else. It's not good for one specific reason. It creates division in a very similar way that our government here in Australia tried to do with the Voice referendum, which fortunately failed. In the case of the war, all I see is more and more warmongering, which will eventually reach a fevering pitch as the population is polarised and civil unrest rises. Here's my dream, which I'm pretty sure won't be fulfilled. Whoever wins the US election calls for a truce and tells both Putin and Zelensky to engage in a serious round of peace settlements. The same goes for the situation in the Middle East. What's the chance of both happening? IMHO, zero. When escalation in those two hot spots and others to come, possibly such as Taiwan and Cuba, I can see this thread and others like it will become even more heated and divisive. Hence I fear that civil unrest will rise dramatically, perhaps even a civil war in some Western nations, in particular the US. Unrest in the UK has already started. For those who don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, enjoy the ride to hell. For the rest, take care and be at peace as you and I will come out as glorious over the defeat of evil that's currently but temporarily spreading across the whole world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.