Russia Ukraine war, page-234680

1. 4,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Pimply, I think "Risking Armageddon" would now be an apt title for a book on the more recent history of NATO!

And I agree, it's hard to blame people who've been flooded with pro neocon/anti Russia propaganda.

Am 1/3 of the way through an excellent book by Norwegian academic Glenn Diesen: The Ukraine war and the Eurasian world order (2024). It contains many eye opening (for me) quotes by US and British neocons openly advocating the prevailing program of spreading liberal democracy by US, and proxy US, military force. Those nations not yet converted to the US rules based order have often been referred to by the neocons as "the jungle" where it's okay for the west to kill and destroy for the sake of establishing their version of "order".

Here's one example of an official strategy for this program: following 9/11 the US office of the Secretary of Defence sent a memo to the Army with their plan to "take out seven countries in five years": Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Iran.

I can't speak highly enough of this book, which John Mearsheimer has dubbed "terrific".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.