Russia Ukraine war, page-241828

1. 1,249 Posts.
    Without resolving the issue of the Volhynia massacre, Poland will not allow Ukraine to join the EU, says Wirtualna Polska.

Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz, Deputy Prime Ministerof Poland and Minister of National Defense, as well as leader of the Polish People's Party, sharply commented on the political relations between Poland and Ukraine:

"The issue of military aid is both a matter of humanity and our security, but economic or historical questions need to be clarified."

"We were the first to send military assistance; it was a significant contribution, and Ukraine seems to have forgotten about this support."

"I stand by my opinion, even though I see that President Duda holds a different view. Ukraine will not enter the European Unionwith my consent if it does not resolve the Volhynia issue."

"If member states agree to this, then the Polish People's Party will oppose it as a political entity if there is no exhumation or commemoration."

"History is not just for historians, and what Minister Kuleba said is the worst expression one could use."

"Anti-Ukrainian sentiments will grow if those in power do not address the Volhynia issue... Presenting the matter to Ukraine and clearly stating what conditions are important to us is the most honest approach."

In response to Andrzej Duda's statement that "anyone blocking Ukraine's EU membership is part of Putin's policy," Kosiniak-Kamysz said:

"I fundamentally disagree with him. When it comes to joining the European Union, the fundamental principle should focus on the value of historical truth, reconciliation with the past, and respect for others with whom we wish to be united. When should we set these conditions?"

The Polish Deputy Prime Minister firmly stands by his positions and has been consistent in his statements, having addressed these issues in July and September this year. He wields significant influence in Polish politics, and his electoral weight is growing with each election cycle. It seems he has adopted the historical issue as a cornerstone for building his future political career.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.