Russia Ukraine war, page-26766

1. bcr
    4,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    I disagree.

Russia, like the US, already has enough nuclear weapons aimed at it to destroy the planet many times over; a couple more in Ukraine won't make any difference at all. If Ukraine ever launched a nuclear weapon at Russia, the response would be a nuclear apocalypse; and everyone would die.

You recall, I assume, that part of the agreement for Ukraine leaving the Soviet Union, was that they would hand back, or destroy their nuclear capability. Why would Ukraine do that, only go through the long, and expensive process of nuclear re-armament from scratch 30 years later? Also, nuclear arsenals are rather expensive to maintain.

The fact that Ukraine might "turn the corner" and actually fix their problems, such as corruption, and egalitarianism, and, along with the Baltic states demonstrate to the Russian people that it is possible to improve their lives if only they have the courage to get rid of people like Vlad, would be a worry to Vlad. When troubles started in Belarus for his mate Lukashenko, Vlad was quick to send in the jackboots. Liberal democracy is what Vlad fears most.

He would love to take out the Baltic states too, but I think he knows that boat had sailed before he came to power.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.