This may well have already been posted, but I'm not going to...

1. 2,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    This may well have already been posted, but I'm not going to check against almost 2000 new posts since I last visited this topic:

Boris Bondarev, a Russian diplomat posted to the United Nation’s office in Geneva has publicly resigned 5 days ago in protest against Moscow’s ongoing war in Ukraine. In a statement Boris called the invasion “a crime” and a “bloody, witless and absolutely needless ignominy.” “For 20 years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on Feb. 24 this year,” he wrote in a statement published on social media. The diplomat, who specializes in arms control and disarmament, placed blame for the war directly on Russian President Vladimir Putin. “Those who conceived this war want only one thing — to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy,” he wrote. “To achieve that they are willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes. Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians have already died.”

Good to see that there are still some Russian diplomats with a moral spine who can see through the propaganda fog created by the Kremlin.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.