Russia Ukraine war, page-35028

1. 1,895 Posts.
    That's quite an old post of mine! And Street hasn't changed one bit lol. Too far gone.

Palestinians have been shafted, there is no doubt, generation after generation are born and die inside terrible refugee camps, but that area of the world has literally been at war for thousands of years. Crusades lasted nearly ~196yrs alone, which is hard to fathom in today's instant gratification tiktok world. I'm not sure if you have a Palestinian background but several years ago I spoke with a Palestinian friend who was living abroad and another friend who is French Algerian Jewish about the situation there after WW2. You'll be shocked to hear that for them, the struggle is less about religious differences and more about (shock horror) access to resources... It is quite mindboggling how the WestBank and Gaza strip were defined, probably not for discussion here. You may have a different perspective. If you've been to Belfast, you'll notice a lot of love and solidarity with the Palestinian people. Murals everywhere. They have felt they have been occupied by the English for generations in much the same way.

I still feel we have more of a geo-political tectonic shifting of Europe in late thirties vibe going on though...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4409/4409235-f7f33d7b6a193f5d2de87b8a530291af.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.