I agree wholeheartedly. Early 00s were dark times; the US burnt...

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I agree wholeheartedly. Early 00s were dark times; the US burnt up all the outpouring of goodwill towards them after the horrific attacks of 9/11 to start campaigning regime change and settling old scores with Iraq. I still remember George Bush standing up in front of Congress, during the machinations leading up to war, and saying to the floor about Hussein; "This was the guy who tried to kill my Dad". Absolute lunacy...then we jumped in head first (the three musketeers Blair, Bush, Howard) and invaded a nation on complete and utter bullsh*t. Still waiting to find those WMDs.... Scott Ritter is an interesting person who stood up for the truth (as an incumbent UN weapon's inspector) and in doing so was completely character assassinated and had a fine USMC career torpedoed as a result (a certain chap by the name of Colin Powell also had a torpedoed career too regarding Iraq...the fall guy so to speak for there never being any WMDs!). Go watch the level of arrogance and pomp displayed by Biden in the Senate hearings from 2002 as he patronised Ritter, telling him 'it's above your pay grade", referring to him as "Scotty boy" etc. Biden is a total flog.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.