Russia Ukraine war, page-41598

1. 1,895 Posts.
    You may hate on the USA and I'm in agreeance that the things you mention are horrible.

However to link those things as exported values to what you call "subservient countries" doesn't really hold up.

When have you ever heard about Belgium women's rights continually being eroded or the 17th school shooting in Australia for the year or Japanese Yakuza clans clashing, killing and rioting in Tokyo subway stations for the 4th day in a row? Never.

Even the EU forced USA big tech to change the way they collect data with stricter privacy laws to enhance consumer protection. These countries still make and uphold their own laws and have distinct cultures. Hungary is part of Nato and avoided participating in the EU sanctions on Russian energy that the USA and the majority of the bloc wanted. I imagine a lot of Europe would look at the current American example today and go, we can do society/governance better. If you talking about Australia and other sovereign nations being able to exercise more strategic autonomy, then I'm all for that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.