@Max5, I will attend his funeral if allowed in the US, because...

1. 4,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    @Max5,

I will attend his funeral if allowed in the US, because of his views about the issues important to me. Not interested in Cuba, Angola, Bangladesh etc. He is a politician after all, and can't be fully trusted, but his view on Ukraine is reasonable.

In several articles of his and interviews that he gave during the Yugoslav Wars, he criticized the United States' policies in Southeast Europe, among other things for the recognition of Bosnia and Herzegovina as a sovereign state, which he described as a foolish act.[179] Most importantly he dismissed the notion of Serbs and Croats being aggressors or separatist, saying that "they can't be separating from something that has never existed".[180] In addition, he repeatedly warned the West against inserting itself into a conflict that has its roots at least hundreds of years back in time, and said that the West would do better if it allowed the Serbs and Croats to join their respective countries.[180] Kissinger shared similarly critical views on Western involvement in Kosovo. In particular, he held a disparaging view of the Rambouillet Agreement:
    The Rambouillet text, which called on Serbia to admit NATO troops throughout Yugoslavia, was a provocation, an excuse to start bombing. Rambouillet is not a document that any Serb could have accepted. It was a terrible diplomatic document that should never have been presented in that form.
    — Henry Kissinger, Daily Telegraph, June 28, 1999

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.