Russia Ukraine war, page-54621

1. 44,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2012
    But having made the point that something could happen, where does it then get us? Maybe an excitement factor in continuously mentioning it, and we could also probably speculate on the use of chemical and biological weapons as well. And then it just becomes fantastical speculation day in and day out. Maybe we will also see an incredibly deadly pandemic this year that wipes out all humanity(?) Who knows, but I certainly won’t be mentioning the possibility every week.

As I said, we can either believe that the Putin regime are uniformly utterly insane and prepared to roll the dice and use nuclear weapons, or we can believe that they are rational actors with family and friends to consider & a belief in the destiny of the Russian people. It’s a call based in the balance of probability I guess.

The idea that Putin can use nuclear weapons and ‘gets one in free’ and a stern telling off from the West is just not credible. There would definitely be some like for like response and we are then on a path to a full-blown nuclear holocaust. I don’t buy that ‘it’s all good to use nukes, as long as they are ‘tactical’’. A nuke is a nuke is a nuke. I would suggest that China would be playing a restraining hand in the background as well. I doubt the CCP wants to see a nuclear holocaust play out just because Putin has a bruised ego.
    Last edited by Crom Valen: 04/09/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.