Russia Ukraine war, page-55203

1. 7,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29

Skint,

I shouldn’thave said a thing or two on culture in general therefore apologise.

I wasreplying to “Cupkakes” silly posts attacking liberalism without knowing the consequencesof alternatives.

I’ve been toRussia few times on technical matters and met some beautiful people who aremostly anti-system unfortunately. I got two great paintings I admire most one Yaroslavlandscape and the other Kerch bridge which I got a love/hate feeling now. I lovereading Pushkin and listening to Tchaikovsky and admire Solzhenitsyn.

However, pleasedon’t mix up conquering with culture. Russia stood up as nation in 1500’sand most rulers apart from Peter the Great were just conquerors. They hadlittle regard for the welfare and culture of the ordinary folk just left towork and get drunk. Great work of the top end artists never got to the loungerooms of ordinary folks. Most rulers other than Lenin and Gorbachev had no timefor society development with free thinking. Lenin did not have enough time and Gorbachevran out of support. Putin continue with the kill all and get rich path.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.