Russia Ukraine war, page-62753

1. 30,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837

Instead of asking open ended questions, you're shoving those words in my face

mad, demented, lost, tyrannical and how terribly evil Putin* yet have no issue backing him into a corner and perhaps forcing his hand.

and then loads of emotion with the multiple use of the question mark (8! LOL).

Try as you might, you're not going to take control of the discussion.

Your advice is that we should all let him have his way, because not doing so the person you describe here* might have a hissy fit and hit the nuclear button?

As I keep explaining (and you keep ignoring), Putin invaded.
    Ultimately he has to be responsible for his decisions that's what adults do.

You would insulate him from them and make us responsible for keeping the spoilt and dangerous adult child in place, able to blackmail everyone.

NATO, the EU the US various nations have not forced his hand at all and are being the responsible parents, they're saying no, but they aren't directly taking him on, they're allowing him to gradually stew in his own mess. You keep on forgetting he has invaded. How does this escape you so persistently?

Unlike your good self thankfully NATO, the EU, the US the various nations involved have been measured in how they responded and haven't directly intervened with troops of their own, firing off nukes, or any other irresponsible option that you clearly can't conceive of as possible and so you can't possibly recognise their restraint.

Simply because they haven't done it you don't have it on your radar. That's how uneducated you are, and that's putting it politely.

So by acting responsibly and being unified, they have allowed Putin to become gradually trapped by his own decisions.

The Russian propaganda machine is no longer able to spin it.

Reality is taking over.

Waiting for this to happen, standing back and not engaging in direct combat, using sanctions, supplying weapons and training, these are powerfully restrained responses considering the invasion and torture and repeated breaches of the Geneva Convention. This is far from the ridiculous claims you're making.

You can fling accusations all you like about the imaginary deficiencies that I supposedly have, and it makes zero difference to the merit of your argument. Step back from my opinion and look at the decisions made by the other nations.

Not even China and India will back him. He only has outliers like Iran and North Korea as allies. Turkey has abandoned him.

(But he has you, of course!)

Wisely the US and NATO and the EU are genuinely allowing this to unravel. Putin is under massive pressure within Russia right now, and he is on his last legs strategically and politically. But because he's an autocrat replacement is tricky, it's a question of low long it will take to replace him. It is inevitable however, he just has made too many enemies and overreached.

You don't know much about deploying conventional nuclear weapons either or you'd know that it's not just a unilateral decision not even in Russia. Putin must have the co-operation of his military and they aren't terribly happy with being blamed for Putins' decisions, being shoved off to die in the front lines, etc. I'm not sure that they will fire off nukes at his direction. I'm not sure they aren't angling to replace him TBH.

These are things you clearly haven't thought of because you are not well researched nor widely read.

Also even if Putin uses limited nuclear weapons they won't help him on the ground due to the chronic issues his troops have.

Because you don't have any curiosity about what you don't know, of course you imagine that NATO, the US and others are acting irresponsibly.

Restraint is not a language you understand nor practice.

I note that you haven't explored the Trump mention, because that adult child is in a world of worry just as Putin is.

Instead of firing away try doing some research.

Read something that's not in the echo chamber you clearly occupy. Try actual discussion instead of absurd accusations that don't even hold on the most basic test of logic and reality.

Oh, but that's right, you're a Trump supporter. Of course you think that's acceptable.

Last edited by dolcevita: 06/10/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.