Russia Ukraine war, page-73275

1. 4,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1419

A few fascist sympathiseson the forum, have to oppose their views. It gladdens my heartthey are relatively free to express their opinions, very few facts or lack ofhuman empathy aside. Free speech is important, in forums and media. Russia used have at least some of these principles recently, Putinkilled. Very interested to see how fascism spreads and isexpressed, I have been lucky not see too much in my lifetime.

Saddens my hearttheir hate-filled ideals exist, supporting a ruthless dictatorship makesno sense to myself, especially an aggressive fascist version causing deathof innocents for a land steal. Those supporting aredoing from the comfort of their couch in the relative bliss of a Westerncountry. Russia needs to leave the Ukraine, the UN vote is clear, the atrocitiesand war crimes are clear.

It reallydoesn't get simpler... a dictator fascist aggressor is bad news for the Ukraineand Russia rippling out to the world. USA/West/NATO/UN aren’t perfect,but democracy is the lynch pin for improvement, a regular legal feedback fromthe people. Fascism is literally a “DEAD- END”, one maniacs idea.

Support to Ukraine only limited by Russian threat of nukes and theVETO it holds in the UN council. Countries supporting Russia...Iran, North Korea, a little help from Belarus and Cuba. What agroup. A group of thugs.

I would not discount the "theory", only a theory, Iranis being goad into a war in the middle east by Russia, so that oil fromSaudi is at risk, I strike at oil dependences around the world.

War Crimes
    Energy infrastructure

Since October 2022, Russia has increased the intensity of attacks on power stations and other civilian infrastructure in a campaign intended to demoralize the Ukrainian people and threatening to leave millions of civilians without heating or water during winter.[76][77] As of 20 October 2022, up to 40% of Ukraine's power grid has been attacked by Russia.[78] The government has asked citizens to conserve energy, and rolling blackouts have been introduced.[79]

The World Health Organization has warned of a potential humanitarian crisis, saying that "lack of access to fuel or electricity due to damaged infrastructure could become a matter of life or death if people are unable to heat their homes."[77][80] Denise Brown, the United Nations Resident Coordinator for Ukraine, said that the attacks could result in "a high risk of mortality during the winter months."[76]

Ravina Shamdasani, a spokesperson for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said that "attacks targeting civilians and objects indispensable to the survival of civilians are prohibited under international humanitarian law" and "amount to a war crime."[81] The President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen[82] and 11 members of NATO's eastern flank also called the attacks a war crime.[81]

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4803/4803216-67969c295f88fde1eb386705cabf6f06.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4803/4803250-c1d0f3890f01cae23455f19b5be33a65.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.