Russia Ukraine war, page-814

1. 17,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @rabbitoh we are slowly being pulled into a rabbit hole (confused.png) of propaganda which is militating against Russia.

NATO have been encroaching on Russia now for years, beginning with the bombing of Belgrade in the 90s, shifting all the missiles etc., yes some of them old technology - from the former East Germany into Poland, basically making Poland the watchman on the Eastern Border of Europe and pushing the envelope further and further. It then seemed to me that the U.S.A. and NATO hadn't caught on yet, that there was no more Soviet Russia - they continued cold war policies IMO against Russia.

Yesterday I listened in astonishment to news of Biden's war drumming - I never thought he would, but he obviously has no choice, and - I am guessing - it will help his re-election and pacify the war mongers among the Republicans.

The bone of contention IMO is that late last September a large pipeline from Russia into Europe got finished and it by-passes the Ukraine - it's named Nordstream 2, taking a similar route as Nordstream 1, via the Baltic sea and states, and Ukraine who had been hoping the pipeline would lead across their country, is not going to get the profits from the pipeline (fees are paid to the country over which the pipeline runs, possibly some sort of fee is due to Ukraine, anyway - I don't know - anyone??) plus everyone outside Europe is worried that Northern Europeans (and some middle European countries as well via subsidiary pipelines) are going to be dependent on Russian gas/oil and could thus shift the power balance in the cold war games which are still being played.

Biden tried to get a promise from the new German Chancellor not to purchase the gas. But, of course, Germany needs it and I am sure they will allow the deal to go ahead, particularly a it seems they are in for a cold winter.

I am very much afraid that It's all part of containment policy by NATO of Russia - but there is no point in being afraid because the big wigs will do what they think is going to get them where and what they want -
    For me another big question is: 'when was the last time that the U.S. won a war?' and hopefully someone remembers that in time.

. . . . and all happening in times, when we should turn away from pollutant oils and gasses, although this particular gas isn't quite as polluting as others.
    but I am so happy that the newspapers write about Camilla's secret nicknames for Meaghan Markle and similar edifying stories.
    Take care all
    and keep informed
    and keep me informed if you know better
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.