Russia Ukraine war, page-827

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @sharps2r800 - even those people have no idea what it really means to be working class - they own cars, they go on holidays (before Covid) some have shares, some have an idea that owning a second home is going to make them into 'rich people' - they are at heart all petty capitalists - they strive to be capitalists.

That's the insidious nature of the capitalist system, it ostensibly gives everyone a chance to become a wealthy man, woman and there is no more 'working class' consciousness, except when an union organiser, usually from overseas, whips up emotions to go on strike.. . . and alcohol, the exposure to pulp TV, 'musack' etc does the rest to take away whatever motivation they may have to fight for the working classes.

In defence of the capitalist sytem: to someone dedicated enough, the capitalist system will deliver some success, sometimes riches even, whereas Communism has never delivered, except some kind of security blanket and a lot of dead people - all totalitarian systems are wasteful of human lives - remember that, please.

In my defence:

I worked for years for the most ridiculous wage - no-one ever spoke up for me - I had to do my own negotiations, which I didn't do. I happened to be a highly skilled word processor operator, taking down difficult documents via head phones at top speeds in legal offices, always under time pressure, often on edge the moment I got to my place of work, because the people I worked for weren't always nice either; some were regular hysterics and demanding.

The 'working class' of the United states have elected someone like Trump in the United States - just think about that one.

Maybe I am just cheesed off, because I was fed this rubbish about the 'working classes' in my youth; I could even sing various revolutionary songs, if you must know, had an uncle who fought in the Spanish Civil War on the side of the International Brigade; I was going to go into politics - now when I watch politics here and in my former country, I am glad i didn't - forget about the working class as a force . . . .

and not wishing to take away the honour of earning your daily living by honest hard work - that is and always will be respected. I, my husband and my family have lived their lives like that.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.