Russia Ukraine war, page-96970

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    i think two scenarios..

1. Russia is seriously in trouble and all their talk of escalation and 'long' wars is bluff and they are actually using it as a screen to project strength when actually they are desperate to get some kind of end to this madness knowing the heavy weaponry on the way could tip the balance on the battlefield

OR

2. Russia welcomes the news as a confirmation that NATO itself, is ultimately their opponent in this conflict and immediately begins drawing up suitable targets to attack and disrupt the supply of heavy weaponry from the west
    Are you ready to become a target of Russia's 'weak' military ?

Well I think there are a few in Russia that think they are in trouble. Not sure if Putin thinks it though. I think he will endevour to keep thinks going until a solution develops. I dont think 2. is an option. If Putin escalates to open conflict with Nato he will face Nato air strikes which I imagine would devastate his conventional forces. I can see him using tactical nuclear weapons before facing Nato. I dont think many peop;le consider the Russian army weak, but it is brutish rather than formidable. I cant see how people in our neck of the woods should be concerned about becoming targets of any european country. We can face economic consequences but widespread violence from Russias soldiers? Could only be some sort of strategic nuclear action.

Putin isnt backing down and his terms are unpalatable. The battle continues, no choice. Talk of a proxy war is propaganda, the Ukrainians are fighting for their country.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.