Russia Ukraine war, page-98242

1. 3,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Poland is itching to take what is rightfully theirs in the West.

Not sure about that. I watched a documentary about the battle of Lwow (in 1920), which the Poles won in the end,
    against the Ukrainians and Ussr combined.
    Thus Poland was able to keep their eastern territory, that they had colonised centuries before.

However this western Ukraine,,,, was it really Polish land?

Poles have an sentimental attachment to that part of Poland which they called
    Kresy, and also called Red Rutheria (as opposed to White Rutheria (BelaRus) which was also Poland's for centuries).

However Ukrainians considered Poland didnt belong there (the uprisings there in the 17th century, in 1920 and in 1943) and
    Stalin was also of the same view (when he incorporated eastern Poland, including Lviv into the USSR and Ukraine, with his deal with Hitler)

When I was in Lviv (Lwow) in 2011, my Polish friend could get by in the city speaking Polish as he reckoned
    most in the city could speak or at least understand it, and they were sympathetic to huge amount of Polish visitors to the city

Would these western Ukrainians today want to be a terrritory of Poland? I reckon they wouldnt mind, however Poland herself would
    have second thoughts about colonisation of their former Kresy territory, especially considering the
    genocide perpetrated against them by Ukrainian nationalists in 1943.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.