I wonder if anyone is following the statements of Boris...

1. 4,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I wonder if anyone is following the statements of Boris Nadezhdin, an alleged "anti-war" candidate for Russian presidency. He made some of these statements in various interviews in the lead up to the Russian presidential elections. It's hilarious how none of the 'Western' mass media outlets picked up on any of his sayings, and tried to peddle this guy as yet another "anti-war" martyr, that was simply blocked from running for president, because of his "anti'war" views. Nobody bothered to explain what his "anti-war" views actually were.

"Zelensky leads Ukraine towards disaster by saying that he wants to retake Crimea by military means and all that stuff. It’s not going to happen".

"It doesn’t matter where the border runs, the most important thing is to cease fire. And to discuss peace for a long, many years".

"Russians are good at fighting wars. The problem is that Russians are also fighting on the other side of the frontline. They call themselves Ukrainians, but they are Russians just like us"

"The answer will be the same—remain part of Russia. We can’t give away Crimea".

"I will reach an agreement with Trump, Scholz, and Macron, I will convince them that peace is more important than the restoration of Ukraine’s sovereignty within its borders, and they will send a signal to Zelensky."

"I will not withdraw the army to 1991 borders"

"First there must be a ceasefire. Then there should be negotiations. Negotiations may take years, maybe even generations".

"The only way I will declare a ceasefire, if our partners order the Ukrainian army to do the same. After that we can negotiate."

"I will not issue any retreat orders. But I will not issue any orders to advance either. We will stay where we are."

“Russia will definitely not lose the Special Military Operation. I will not give an order to retreat, without agreeing on the positions of a peace treaty. If there is a peace treaty, let’s discuss it. If there is no peace treaty, we will not retreat, we will dig in where we are,until the end of the negotiations.”

Does this sound like an anti-war candidate to anyone?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.