I certainly won't be posting any receipts and I have no...

1. 36,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    I certainly won't be posting any receipts and I have no intention of trying to tell people which charity is good for them .
    Personal choice and would be arrogant IMO to do so .
    Of course Ukraine is a worthy recipient .

I must say , my failure in judgement in this war was in never expecting the russians to be as ineffective as they've turned out to be .
    Which does put a question marks on other things I've considered possible .
    But I have always thought , and still do , that Putin could possibly if backed into a corner use tactical nukes .
    Would love to be wrong about that and perhaps I am but see you writing that you and I are not the only ones fearing this .

Luckily wise leadership in the US at present - any use of nukes would have to be met by strong measures - just not nuclear retaliation .
    I would hope communications have been going on behind the scenes to make plain what consequences would be .
    So like you am hopeful that even if russia did use tactical nukes it could be contained .
    Not sure China would wish that move either and hopefully that has been communicated too .

Lots of posters come here to support Ukraine , but particularly I suspect , like me , are motivated to try and counter the disinformation put out .
    Crom and retired young both put out wonderfully informative posts very regularly but there are several other names that regularly and consistantly post key details and interesting views and I make sure I don't miss reading any of their posts .

the other reason I like HC is ,(after filtering out the rubbish) , is the generally the high quality of posts ....IMO .
    I've certainly learnt a lot reading here .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.