Putin, 26 Feb 2022 excepts:Despite holding several rounds of...

1. 926 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    Putin, 26 Feb 2022 excepts:

Despite holding several rounds of negotiations, nothing helped. The Americans, whose hatred of my Russia has never waned despite the end of the Cold War and the indisputable – although logically disputed – hegemony they have acquired over the world, have decided not to listen to our legitimate demands and proceed with forceps, the new provocation being to support Ukraine's request to join NATO, in the name of international law with variable geometry. As a result, they unfailingly accept the idea of ​​positioning their military arsenal on the western border of my country, something which in 1962 in Cuba, in the opposite direction, had made the world fear a nuclear war, so much had the Americans proclaimed their refusal to see the Soviet military arsenal on its border. Americanized international law did not exist for Cuba in those days!

To overcome this problem, I proposed a very simple solution, which was already used during the Cold War: the constitution of Ukraine as a neutral state, on the model of Finland at the time. What has gone down in history as Finlandization is, in my opinion, a way out of an implacable logic, with regard to the structural incomprehension between the Americans and us.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.