"I went to Simon and Garfunkle a few years back, great concert,...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "I went to Simon and Garfunkle a few years back, great concert, I was right at the front, "

I am envious, Froggy. I have always liked their music, and thats why I went to see what I thought was a Paul Simon concert, to hear my favourite Simon 7 Garfunckle songs, paying $12oo odd dollars for 2 seats!

You say "Paul Simon and Sting are a funny mix?".....Indeed they are. And it turned out to be really a Sting affair. Sting dominated......he sang with Paul Simon, and even when Simon sang solo, his lyrics were sung different to a different style of music, due to all "backing" being by Sting's large orchestra, ......
    The guy next to me (who thumped the dude who hit his wife)...his favourite song was "The Boxer". We waited, hoping Paul Simon would sing it, and when he did, it was half way through before we realised it was the "Boxer" he was singing....thats how different it was. It was a good show, but a disappointment for someone who expected the traditional Simon & Garfunckle style of music.
    In that large fee I paid, was included 2 hours of all you could eat and drink at Cocos Restaurant in South Perth, right next to the venue.....i think I cut out a big chunk of what I paid in oysters, lol. You dont want to be with me when I dine "buffet"......
    i was breakfasting at Observation City once years back, and had just come back with my third heaped plate of bacon and sausages and eggs and mushrooms and hash browns and...., and sat down when this guy come up, tapped me on the shoulder, gave me a business card and said;" I've been watching you....i'm a doctor..here is my card...you're going to need me". lol

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.