tigmeister - it is sad that we are focusing on stuff that...

1. 18,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    tigmeister - it is sad that we are focusing on stuff that happened in the past and looking into that distant mirror, realise that not much has changed. There are still many trouble spots in the world, greed, profit, power politics are still playing their part and if humanity doesn't learn how to combat those instincts, I am afraid we will head for extinction like so many other life forms before us.

A great friend of mind whom I visited recently said to me: 'when will people realise that the U.S.A. is the most dangerous nation on earth' - and he is not a communist, but a farmer, ex teacher, artist and now mostly reading books on science and philosophy.

I am trying to extend empathy to everyone, never mind where they come from, we are in thrall to political power and the people who wield it.
    We need to get back to some sort of tribalism and extend it to all and sundry, or we will not survive. My hope is that our present vanity and egocentricity might lead us into more connectedness with our fellow man, woman via modern means of communiation, yes even Facebook, Twitter, sites like Hotcopper etc. have a part to play in giving us back a feeling, that loving feeling towards our tribal neighbours. - That's what I am hoping!

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.