RVR 0.00% 7.3¢ red river resources limited

RVR: A recession-proof investment, page-5

1. 1,425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    I wouldn't say RVR or Zinc is recession proof in fact they both have strong correlation to the US market.

I do however agree alot with your investment decisions. I also hold RVR and HRR, but also hold IBG.

I have been considering going short the US indexes for a while but haven't worked out the best way to do it yet. Thinking of an inverse ETF; but Australian EFFs are shit'e. Was looking at SRTY pro shares ultra short Russell 2000 but not sure small caps would be better than say the Dow. Would be interested in knowing your approach.

I think any significant correction would probably stall the Zinc Bull run, but the GFC actually accelerated it before it dropped off a cliff, so hard to say. The USD get flooded by repatriated money in such am event, so the USD increase would hit the Zinc price but it may be offset by the fall in the AUD...This is the reason I'm thinking buying the USD denominated ETF because I think the USD will rise as the market falls.

The US stock market isn't quite ready to crack yet though and think it will be a 2018 correction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.