RXL 3.70% 14.0¢ rox resources limited

Thanks for the knowlageable response, greatly appreciated. But...

1. 1,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Thanks for the knowlageable response, greatly appreciated.
    But please bear with me for a tick - even with a deeper Grace mineralisation with 'potential' bonanza grade gold, surely at some point you'd get diminishing returns particularly as depth increases - so do we have any idea from RXL what the cut-off depth is for commercial viability?
    Wouldn't reserves below the commercially viable cut-off be excluded from current mine profit calculations? Potentially realisable and unrealisable JORG.

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm from the Hunter Valley and used to a variety of mining techniques from the old narrow pit seam coal mines, to open cut and the modern long wall, however all mining techniques have commercial viability issues at depth. But I'm a novice when it comes to current gold mining techniques and commercial viability - but the issues would be same same but different.

Mining depth, technique and commercial viability evolve over time with technology, additional drilling and gold price. So Youanmi (Grace?) became uncommercial and closed some years ago when it was at the current depth. So would it be correct to say that with Youanmi we're really talking about initially expanding the current pit (Grace) and taking the depth down a bit more due to increased reserves from drilling, increased quality of reserves and gold price.

Also, in the Hunter they're only digging through volcanic ignimbrite which is no where near as dense as granite - chalk and cheese.
    My understanding is that at Youanmi we're dealing with granite, so the costs and practicality of a tunnel/long wall pit to pursue the seam at a depth further than open cut would be questionable/marginal.

I'd be interested to learn more about the thinking/intentions behind how Youanmi could play out at depth and commercial viability issues mentioned above.
    Last edited by chillam: 07/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $57.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.0¢ 13.5¢ $17.27K 124.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 133984 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 287179 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.