RXM 0.00% 46.5¢ rex minerals limited

RXM 2024 General Discussion, page-313

1. 751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86

The wait is over as Rex hits road

Rachel Hagan, Yorke Peninsula Country Times

Rex Minerals is about to begin construction on the preliminary stages of the Pine Point Road realignment in preparation for full scale copper and gold production at the Hillside Project.

The first stage of the road realignment is due to be completed by Easter, with works set to be temporarily halted during the busy summer holiday period.

Rex Minerals chief operating officer Jason Schell said it would take just over two years to realign the road around the site, which included moving the Minlaton turn off south to near Pine Point.

Onsite construction began in December 2022, and this year further power and water services will be installed.

Some mining has already started, and Mr Schell said there would be further drilling this year.

“It’s fantastic to continue that whole construction period,” Mr Schell said.

“It will allow us to close the Yorke Highway through the open pit and then the bulk earthworks to then commence for the mine.”

The next stages of the roadworks will include a realignment of the coastal section of St Vincent Highway to ensure it is excluded from the blast zone and upgrades to sections of Sandy Church and Pine Point Roads.

Hillside Project set to launch

Rex Minerals’ Hillside Mine is set to become one of the largest copper projects in Australia, which will help relieve what some have been calling the “copper crisis”.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.