s & g gillard interview now available, page-9

1. 9,438 Posts.
    .. exactly .. the point I'm making is that Thomson and Williamson are one degree closer and are both gleefully enjoying the fruits of their 'labour'. Gillard is fine...

The public have been so well conditioned to simply accept this sort of thing as 'normal' in a week it will be forgotten.

It is ugly reading though

------------

..In the 1995 transcript, Ms Gillard said she had heard rumours she had benefited through AWU funds being used to pay for renovations to her Melbourne house. She said she had heard that "someone attended at the offices of the AWU since the time that Bruce (Wilson) has left, presenting an account which when the union enquired into it was an account for work on my property and that they refused to pay it".

At the time of the interview, Ms Gillard said: "I can't categorically rule out that something at my house didn't get paid for by the association or something at my house didn't get paid for by the union or whatever. I just, I don't feel confident saying I can categorically rule it out, but I can't see how it's happened because that really is the only bit of work that I would identify that I hadn't paid for. It seems to me that I've paid, you know, relatively ordinary funds for work to get done and, you know, I just don't see where there could be big money coming from any other source into the renovations."

Asked about the establishment of the association, Ms Gillard said: "It's common practice, indeed every union has what it refers to as a re-election fund, slush fund, whatever, into which the leadership team puts money so that they can finance their next election campaign".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/julia-gillard-i-should-have-opened-file/story-fn59niix-1226455335579

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.