Hi Dodds,You didn't really answer my question of what has Steve...

1. 22,999 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    Hi Dodds,
    You didn't really answer my question of what has Steve got to lose if he doesn't retire?

He has nothing to lose unless he cares about some of the public opinions that he should go on his own terms not the selectors. He apparently at this moment in time disagrees with that sentiment. So what has he possibly got to lose?????

If he is prepared to cop the axe rather than retire if that is what the selectors choose then I say that is a testement to the fighting character that he has always shown.

He believes he is good enough still and wants a chance to prove it. I don't really believe that he is short of a quid and not planned for his retirement/sacking from cricket so I think he should go on until told he is no longer required or loses the thirst for the job.

Funny how the scenario I foretold of appears to be coming to pass.(checking scores)

If the selectors say sorry Steve times up then I would not say the selectors are wrong. They would have their own agendas, which is the benefit long term of Australian cricket.
    I just don't think he should retire when he is not ready and is performing at an acceptable level.

Much better debate than other issues though.

Ridge...being from the West I don't see them as much as you possibly do so I will take your word for it.But for mine Border and Waugh were the captains we had when the going was tough and they made something of it.

cheers

debono

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.