NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

more zijin history around SA...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    more zijin history around SA platinum....

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=20090827154035P6CA4

27 August 2009

Issue of New Securities to Zijin Mining Group Company Limited

one part.....
    "Pursuant to the transfer to Aquarius by Zijin of these 7 million common shares
    in Ridge, Aquarius will issue 2,545,454 new fully paid common shares in
    Aquarius to Zijin's wholly-owned subsidiary Gold Mountains (H.K.) International
    Mining Co., Limited on the basis of 1 Aquarius share for every 2.75 Ridge
    shares."

and heres more info on the Aquarius/Ridge deal if you can follow...and opinion put in March 2009.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/1104/aquarius-platinum-to-raise-us251-million-to-help-fund-ridge-mining-buy-1104.html

"Broker FinnCap said today’s announcement could be the start of a deal structure that culminates in Aquarius being acquired by Zijin Mining, which currently owns 20 percent of Ridge and that “it would seem probably that Aquarius has talked to Zinjin about Ridge so its bid will be uncontested”.continues

http://www.osisa.org/books/regional/chinese-involvement-south-africa
    October 2012

(this one/part confused me...where i have added bold lettering.
    Do you follow?)

"In platinum group metals (PGMs), during 2006, Zijin purchased 29,9 percent of Ridge Mining for US$16 million (subsequently purchased by Aquarius Platinum). The focus of the investment is on Sheba’s Ridge Mine and Blue Ridge Mine, both of which produce PGMs. Mineral reserves are estimated at 51 million tons, with an approximately 20-year production cycle. Zijin’s business model in acquiring the investment is intended to assure long-term supplies at affordable prices. The Zijin Mining Group Co (formally Fujian Province Shandong County Mining Co) is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is presently the largest gold producer in China (responsible for 10 percent of China’s total output). The company has 80 subsidiaries across China, and the major shareholder is Pinnacle Mines Ltd, a Canadian company.

Aquarius Platinum (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (AQPSA) is Zijin’s South African joint venture partner.

AQPSA focuses on the production of PGMs in southern Africa,
    and in turn is owned by Aquarius Platinum Limited, an Australian company registered in Hamilton, Bermuda.

Aquarius mining is the world’s fourth largest platinum miner. AQPSA purchased Ridge Mining (originally a UK-owned company) in July 2009. Chen Jinghe, the Chairman of Zijin, has explained that the investment in Ridge was an important step in the company’s long-term strategy to increase resources and production facilities overseas. Purchasing a South African platinum mine was considered a breakthrough for a Chinese company."continues

I didnt know there were any ties/dealings with Aquarius, did you?
    I get very confused with structures etc...
    the random collection of articles posted has a lot of detail that I dont follow and may not be reliable, imho. DYOR.

I wonder how long this suspension will be because revising history is not as exciting as creating it...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.