NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

whatever happened to Xstrata?....oh they went away and merged...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    whatever happened to Xstrata?....oh they went away and merged with Glencore ..and I notice headed towards listing on JSE...this aticle briefly mentions their platinum holdings...
    titled

"JSE aquiver over Glencore Xstrata"
    Mining giant heads to South African stock exchange for R700-billion listing.

27 Sep 2013 00:00| Chantelle Benjamin

(I liked some comments, like"

"Regarding Glencore Xstrata’s South African listing, Glasenberg told investors last month at a meeting in London that South Africa has a “strong institutional investor base” and that it would make a good starting point for entry into Africa, where he sees growth"...cont

and...
    "Azar Jammine, chief economist at Econometrix, said that his only concern was that Glencore Xstrata’s listing further dilutes local ownership on the JSE.

“Foreigners are playing a big role in the market and what we really need is job creation and new mining ventures that will create jobs.

“The advantage for companies listing on the JSE is that it’s a good liquid market,” he said.

“South Africa has a lot of advantages that could see it playing an important role in assisting Glen­core’s expansion into Africa and it would have long-term benefits for the country.

“I would rather we have the listing than not,” he said.cont.

and a little later.....

"Current chief executive Ivan Glasenberg has gained a reputation for off-loading greenfield projects — Glencore consider’s them “risky” as challenges lead to 35% project overruns, he said.

“Glencore prefers brownfield and bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.”
    continues
    my emphysis added...
    Some move and really shake the place up, dont they?

What colour are nkwes fields? dont water the grass it will make the place look green...we need brown atm...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.