SACK ANDREWS, page-67

1. 9,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18334
    I can understand people's frustrations been locked up for so long. You cannot erradicate a virus - anyone who thinks they can without a vaccine is living in dreamland. As a point of interest, take Italy, more than 1,000 cases a daynow but yet is more open that Victoria. They did lockdown but basically gave up - maybe it is because the social security system in Europe is not as good in many European countries as Australia (but only have to look at Australian debt levels these days to say someone is going to pay for this recurrent expenditure in future).

A difficult situation to manage, but ultimately you can't defeat a virus - it is how you control the virus without damaging long term the economy that counts. Noting, I suspect there are a lot of people stressed out about loosing their jobs and potentially their homes as a result of government action. Yes the age are the ones most impacted by the virus so it is a question of how you deal with that -has Andrews gone too far, I think so having a State in lockdown for so long so will be interesting if that economy recovers when the State reopens etc etc. Maybe would have been better to enforce tougher restrictions on the aged, and try to keep the economy more open, but difficult situation when it becomes political as well.

And finally the DDD is the LNP's to own - unbelievable ALP were getting blasted all those years ago whilst the LNP has allowed debt to explode.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2588/2588556-d34ca497b6c1c0bf9d658c55a75f3c74.jpg

All IMO
    Last edited by Scarpa: 24/10/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.