sack magistrate ron saines for muslim bias, page-18

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Nicky

It has deep ramifications. It's a question of how smart an arse does one want to be. And lawyers are deep upto their teeth.

Is this 'cultural difference' limited to native inhabitants or for anybody taking on the culture? If one becomes Muslim then one can't be discriminated in a work place for taking prayer time, for example. What stops one being exempt for paedophile or rape though they're a 'white skin' with an adopted culture. It would be discrimatory to treat the white skin as a lesser Muslim...or what ever culture they've adopted.

I'm 1st generation Italiian...growing up it was acceptable to get a smack as discipline...we did the crime and accepted the time...no PC about parents having to 'negotiate' their guilt of wanting to punish us with words instead. Does that mean I can discipline my children in public and not worry about anybody citing any PC speil?

A cultural precedent is a dangerous manoeuvre. We aren't talking about someone wearing a turban instead of his motorcycle helmet!
    A charge of indecent sexual assault has been throbbed off as abduction. The original magistrate saw fit (twice) to keep the conviction AND place Jaffa man on the Registered Sex Offenders' list for 15 years.

If the crime committed (in Australia) isn't a crime in the country of origin...it's time we put as much protest into the UN as people do for saving sharks and whales. Our children are the innocent corner pillars of humanity.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.